I took today off to read and write - I was planning on being at the Calvin Worship Symposium with a van load of students, but they decided to not make the annual trek this year. Too bad, but I decided to hold the day off anyways.
So I spent my morning at work...budget committee meeting with divisional leaders and a long chat with one of my team who is dealing with "stuff". Important to do, but there went the morning. Since my morning was gone, I went to Mom and Dad's for lunch (might as well take advantage of their new location!), attempted to help them with the TV/cable set up (that's something for someone younger than I), and caught up on their activities this week. A quick trip to Future Shop (new mouse for the home computer and yet my third quick-charge adapter for the iPhone...not a good product, Apple!!!) and then the rest of the afternoon at Starbucks. What a great place to read, write, drink coffee (free refills!), and get stuff accomplished with minimal distractions.
So I got another chapter read, summarized, analyzed, and reflected on. Oh and killed more email...still below 50 messages in the inbox. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment