Saturday, January 22, 2011

Self discipline

Well, its a new year, a new semester (for me), and an opportunity for fresh starts.  I've been struggling with the concept of balance in my life - oh the irony of that coming from a man who's trying to do a PhD, be a husband, father, and manage three titles at work.  But I am increasingly aware of the cost of not striking balance - my waist line, fatigue, graying hair (ok, that might be genetics), and stress over all.

What is balance and what does it look like?  Is it crisp boundaries between work-home-family-spiritual-personal life?  Is it treating life as a whole and relishing everything?  And why does balance include stuff that I don't naturally lean towards...such as spending 3 hours a week sweating in the gym.

This journey of finding balance is definitely my goal this year...as well as the reduction of the waist line.  Maybe I'll be using a different word than balance in a couple of months...

No comments:

Post a Comment