I have to say that I love a good library. And today I'm at the Hamilton Central Library, at my favourite table in the fourth floor, enjoying sunshine, coffee, and surrounded by books. This particular table is hard to get - one has to get to the library early...and sadly, I'll likely lose it the minute I need to leave and refresh my coffee or use the WV. While I have it, I will enjoy it.
Today, I'm writing a research proposal for my Qualitative Inquiry course...this is a bit of an anxious moment! What ever I put on paper today, I'm committing to for the rest of the term. I better love my topic and the qualitative approach. At this moment, it will be a study of how students experience leadership development at Redeemer, using phenomenological approach. Interviews...focus groups...literature...lots to do. My strengths, according to Strengthsfinder, include Connection, Input, and Learner. Normally, I appreciate these, but at the start of a paper, the shadow side of all these strengths come out screamingly loud...I always feel like I need to read more, that I need to understand the full context of the topic, and that there are always more articles to find, download, and read (not to mention all the fascinating articles/books that I find on the way).
However, I'm on a deadline...self imposed, for the end of the day to wrap this thing up. I better get at this thing before my day, the sunshine, and this lovely location disappears.
No comments:
Post a Comment