Thursday, May 2, 2013

Go to work in the morning

...and stick to it until evening without watching the clock.  (Ecc 11:6 The Message)

Ever notice how easy it is to let time float by when you're avoiding something?  And how slowly time can move when you're waiting for that 25 second computer update?

These two weeks have been a gift of time and yet I still have to learn the discipline of "going to work in the morning and stick to it until evening".  We are very time driven in North America - sometimes my work schedule is blocked out down to the minute and a necessary "trip down the hall" seems like an aggravation to my schedule.  Yet these past two weeks I can't say I have truly spent a straight 9 hours at writing.  I'm pleased with what I have accomplished, but wow.  One would think that I would have knocked out 30 pages over the two weeks, no problem.

"You never know from moment to moment how your work will turn out in the end" (Ecc 11: 6, The Message).  Comforting and sobering at the same time.  My writing, as with the rest of my life, is in God's hands.  I need to leave the mystery of time in his hands and work diligently.  Now to read and write....

No comments:

Post a Comment